Sunday, January 16, 2011

What to make of this new year...

So, after some creative stumbling, I found where to track my stats on this blog... and since I have started it, there has been a whopping 39 pageviews! aren't I the popular one? what I don't get is that 13 are from Russia, and I don't know anyone from Russia other than my aunt who has been living in the States for 14 years or so. Hmmm, maybe my musings will become famous in Russia, like Hasselhoff is famous in Germany! Somehow I doubt it...

I just watched the movie Julie &Julia, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but it got me daydreaming about being a successful blogger. Fantasies about people reading my words, laughing at my sarcastic wit, filled my head for days. Of course, this is the first update I've made since December of last year. I suppose to become famous, I'll have to keep up a little more.

Onto the actual updating... It's now 2011, and to show for it, we have another new dog, tickets to another kickass concert, and I'm still working at WalMart... BUT my car is paid off, our rent has gone down, and we're planning a trip to visit Jimmy's family. The new concert is our Valentine's gift to each other. Last Valentine's Day was not what either one of us had hoped for, simply because we had to travel the entire weekend. We ended up spending time with the kids that weekend, which was fine, just not the ideal first Valentine's Day together. So this year, we will be spending it with Neil Fallon and Lemmy! That's right, the great Clutch is touring with... *drumroll* MOTORHEAD! It should be a night of pure epic-ness!

So... that's my update, I guess. Not really much going on around here. Things haven't changed much... Here's to a new year of surprises and excitement! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment